[Coco] Request for books and information:

FirebrandX firebrandx at charter.net
Tue Dec 16 07:25:41 EST 2003

Greetings all!

My name's Wolff and this is my first post to the group. From the emails
I've been reading, it sounds like you guys are really knowledgable in
the area of coco3 programming, which concerns my request. I'm looking
for either PDFs or obtainable literature on assembly language
programming for the coco3. This would also include any detailed memory
maps, opcode lists, and anything specially written for the coco3
environment. I'm only into "out-of-the-box" coco3 with/without 512k, so
I don't need to worry about alternative operating systems other than a
standard coco3 with disk drive and joystick.

I used to program in assembly for the C64 and I found the "Programmer's
reference guide" to be pretty useful for general information. Though I
don't expect there is one for the coco3, it would be pretty cool if
there were. I have downloaded a lot of web pages and PDFs, including the
"unravelled" sets. What I'm looking for now though are books written for
the coco3. I did some extensive google searching and found a very rare
mention of a book called "Assembly Language on the Color Computer III"
by William Barden, Jr. but this book is mentioned only in a faq and not
anywhere else on the web. This makes me wonder if such a book ever existed.

So if any of you guys could point me in the right direction, or let me
know where to buy such material if needed, that would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Best wishes,
-Wolff