[Coco] BASIC and Disk BASIC version numbers

Bruce Calkins bcalkins at disaster-relief.net
Fri Dec 12 21:02:01 EST 2003

> The 26-3022 controller is somehow detected by stock Tandy OS-9, and it
> will not access double sided disks on it.  Hopefully Nitros-9 does not
> have that limitation.

I have a third party floppy disk controller using the same chip set as
Tandy's 26-3022.  It has no problem with double sided disks.  I see no
problem with the 26-3022 and double sided disks.  The problem these
controllers had with OS-9 is in the controller chips inability to cope with
1.78 MHZ operation.  And their need for 12 volts that precluded their use
with CoCo 2 and 3 without the Multi-Pack Interface.

Bruce W.