[RESEND] Re: [Coco] BASIC and Disk BASIC version numbers

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Fri Dec 12 11:30:52 EST 2003

jimcox at miba51.com wrote:

> Is there a compatibility issue with different versions of DECB?  I have
> several controllers, which would be the best one to work with?

The Disk Basic 1.0 ROM does not support the DOS command, so you need to
have a second boot disk with a file named "OS9LOAD" to load it.

The 26-3022 controller is somehow detected by stock Tandy OS-9, and it
will not access double sided disks on it.  Hopefully Nitros-9 does not
have that limitation.

The Disk Basic Rom 1.0 ROM is different enough in the undocumented
locations that my program written to run ROM Basic under FLEX-09 will
not run with the 1.1 ROM.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only