[Coco] Nick's Survey results

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Dec 10 12:40:00 EST 2003

On 10 Dec 2003 at 0:28, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/9/03 10:10:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> jdaggett at gate.net writes:
>
> > I can upgrade to the 1987 GIME chip if I want to. In fact I still
> > have it
> up
> > and use it
> >  once in a while. I used it to write many reports while working on
> >  my
> degree
> > in the  late 80's.
>
> There's no need to upgrade your GIME if your system is stable and the
> sparklies aren't too "snowy."   At least you won't have to change one
> byte of software if you do upgrade it.

I never saw sparkles at all. Back in the early 90's Someone came upon princeton
server and offered GIME chips. I bought three for good measures. Also bought the
salt and dac IC's from RS. Just to have a few spares. I don't use it much but I do
have a project for it in mind now. Hope to get the first part working after the first of
the year.

james