[Coco] Nick's Survey results

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Dec 10 00:30:00 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/9/03 10:10:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jdaggett at gate.net writes:

> I can upgrade to the 1987 GIME chip if I want to. In fact I still have it
up
> and use it
>  once in a while. I used it to write many reports while working on my
degree
> in the  late 80's.

There's no need to upgrade your GIME if your system is stable and the
sparklies aren't too "snowy."   At least you won't have to change one byte of
software if you do upgrade it.

My wife used a Coco3 with Dynastar and Dynaform and a big daisy-cutter
printer for professional reports and letters until the early '90s.  Then she went to
a Mac.

I still run stock OS-9 L2 on my real Coco3, with Kev Darling's GrdDrv upgrade
and some TuneUp patches from Boisy.  I may go to the trouble of downloading
Nitros-6809 and rebuilding the boot file, but as little as I use my Coco
nowadays, it isn't worth it except to say I did :-)  --Mike K.