[Coco] [Color Computer] OS-9 Editor and NitrOS-9 Download

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 14:22:00 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/7/03 5:22:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, wb8tyw at qsl.net
writes:

> The default settings of EVE made no sense, it was obviously for an IBM
>  PC keyboard layout, which no platform that EVE ran on at the time used.
>  Most people quickly changed the EVE to use the EDT keyboard layout and
>  later that became a built in feature.

Could you refresh our memories as to what is an EDT keyboard?  Is that one
with the CTRL key in the right place (left of the A key), or something to do
with the arrow keys, or what?

FWIW, the Wordstar and Dynastar control key assignments make absolutely no
sense, until you realize that they form a natural diamond shape under your left
hand, while leaving your left pinkie free to hold the CTRL key.
--Mike K.