[Coco] Future hardware project.

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Dec 6 00:42:00 EST 2003

At 12:20 AM 12/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a 50Mhz color laptop that would work for a portable emulated COCO.
>
>It just has one problem.  There is no multimedia on it.
>
>So what I would need to do is build a device that connects to the parallel
>port, and provide the COCO sound and joystick I/O.

Don't even try to run M.E.S.S. on that thing.  On a 150mhz laptop of mine,
M.E.S.S. runs below CoCo speed.  You have to type each character very
slowly and hold the key down until it shows up.

Jeff's emulator (or Collyer's hack) might be fast enough on a 50mhz system,
but I'm just guessing.

{Roger Taylor}