[Coco] WindInt Mouse Issue

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 09:46:00 EST 2003

alsplace at pobox.com wrote:

"Hmmm, on some GUIs, you can do ALT-UP to get to the menus at the top.
If the CoCo enet project comes to being, I plan to revisit EthaWin and
if that kind of keyboard control isn't already there (I think it was? I
know Alt-F for File, etc. was there) I'd certainly want to add it."

Al,   I was going to contact you about that.  I'm not terribly impressed
with any of CoCo's graphic window interfaces.  Even under NitrOS9, they
are still much slower than running a text window.  Didn't EthaWin run in
a text window?  And, was it, or, was it not mouse controlled with menus?
 I would like to run such an interface since I am not so much interested
in the graphics as the response speed.  I remember that someone began
such a project called PShell but it was only half-done and it is not
compatible with anything but a "vanilla" OS9.

Griz