[ From Butch Ross ] Local shows TONIGHT! and QuaranTUNE 6.0 registration TOMORROW.

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Jan 4 10:20:28 EST 2022

TONIGHT!!! January 4, 2022 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM

Songwriter's Corner at The Woodshop w/Richard Daigle and Ryan Oyer

5500 St. Elmo Avenue, City of Chattanooga, Tennessee

No dulcimer, just trading old songs with these great songwriters. Come see
the me I was before that radioactive spider bit me.

TOMORROW!!

January 5th - QuaranTUNE 6.0 Workshop

https://www.virtualdulcimerfest.com

Teaching 4 workshops, I'll list below,

NEXT THURSDAY!

January 13th - Cherry Street Tavern w/Shawnessy Cargile.

719 Cherry St. Chattanooga, TN

I'm a guest at Shawnessey's January residency. Come hear his great songs
and see all the toys I got for Christmas!

Happy New Year everybody! I hope your holidays were as great as mine. And
also that they were .000001% as hectic. As I prepare to tell you that
December was the most insanely busy month on record, I'm reminded that
that's what I've said about previous Decembers as well. And in all cases,
it was true. In mid-December I played 10 shows--plus their requisite
rehearsals--in 10 days. All different kinds of gigs and almost all in
person. At one point, I learned 23 songs in a single week! And no, I'm not
complaining, I'm bragging. This is right where I like to be.

January, then should be a well-deserved break. But no dice! Starting
tonight, I'll be playing in town at the Woodshed in St. Elmo with fellow
songwriters Richard Daigle and Ryan Oyer. In 2020 I was back at my parents
house while my dad recovered from heart surgery (he's doing fine BTW) I got
to thinking about songs I had written back in the day about people and
places around where I grew up. As tonight will be songwriters talking about
songwriting, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to revisit those songs.

Then tomorrow is the opening of registration for QuaranTUNE 6.0 (available
classes should already be online). It's a veritable who's who (and who?) of
dulcimerica. I'll be premiering four new classes.

1. 5’ 2” Eyes of Blue (intermediate) - Technically called "has anybody seen
my girl?" But I never remember it as that, and neither do you. :-) 1+ fret
required.

2. Get Off On The Wrong Foot (absolute beginner) - A non-traditional
approach to traditional dulcimer. A great way to get started, or to
supplement what you already know.

3. The Roots of the Roots of Rock-n-Roll (novice) - Everything comes from
somewhere! Solearn the tunes that were the basis of early rock-n-roll.

4. Playing In One Key While Tuned To Another (upper intermediate) - Learn
to play in one key while tuned or capo'd to another, more importantly,
learn WHY you would want to. 1+ fret and capo required.

Next week I'll be playing locally with my buddy Shawnessey Cargile, but
more on that (and a myriad of other things) then.

C-ya out there (and in here).

--Br

www.butchross.com