[ From Butch Ross ] New EP available, Online Workshop coming up, Albany Dulcimer Fest is back!

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Feb 8 19:09:17 EST 2022

1. New EP!
2. Zoom Music Theory Workshops: Saturday, February 19th
3. Albany Dulcimer Festival

1. New EP!
So yeah, I have a new EP. Just kind of happened really.
It's called "They Should All Be This Easy" which simultaneously
references how this album came to be and yet drips with irony. 6 tunes
(plus a bonus track if you download the whole thing) and the usual mix of
covers, traditional tunes and my own compositions.

The first "single" is a cover of Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill. Here's the
video for it. https://youtu.be/iQ8JfZpiw0A

2. Online Theory Workshops
On Saturday, February 19th, I'll be hosting a series of zoom workshops I'm
calling "Practical Theory for Realistic People" I use music theory all the
time when I play, especially when I'm arranging songs and tunes. But a lot
of the theory that I do know just isn't relevant to the mountain dulcimer.
So these workshops are designed to teach you just that. All theory you need
to know to really have a solid command of your instrument, and NONE of the
stuff you don't need. You can see times and workshop descriptions, and sign
up here: https://butchross.com/theory/

3. March 4, 5, 6, 2022 - The Dulcimer Association of Albany's Mountain
Dulcimer Music Festival.
A bit of a homecoming in that it was the last festival I played before the
pandemic. In fact it was the weekend that the first "hotspot" appeared in
New Rochelle, NY. Of course that has nothing to do with this festival,
which is a wonderful one. Jeff Furman & Neal and Colleen Waters are the
headliners this year. There are mask/vax requirements, so check the website
for that.  https://www.dulcimerassociationofalbany.com/2022.htm

That's all the news for now. Big thanks to everyone who came and took
classes from me at QuaranTUNE 6.0

I hope to see you online--if not in person--soon

C-ya in here (or out there even!).

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro