[ From Butch Ross ] Chatt' Shows this weekend.

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Jan 15 22:21:56 EST 2019

Back from a beautiful but too-brief run through the FLA, but I'm back to
brave the cold with some great local shows.

Fri. Jan. 18 - 7pm
Pilgrim Church Music Series
400 Glenwood Dr.
Chattanooga, TN 37404
Love offering taken

Sat. Jan. 19 - 6:30 - 9pm
Westin Sky Bar
801 Pine St, Chattanooga, TN 37402
Free

Lemme tell you a story. Once a friend of mine had the opportunity to go to
the Rev. Al Green's church in Memphis, where Al Green rocks the organ
during the offertory. According to my friend, all these folks came out with
the long-handled baskets to collect the weeks tithes and offerings to the
Lord (of which Mr. Green presumably recieves a portion to keep the lights
on and help the needy). After the money had been collected, it was taken to
the back room where it was apparently counted. Because a woman came out
with a slip of paper that she placed on Rev. Green's organ. Al looked over
his glasses at the scrap and shook his head "no." And back out came the
collection baskets again.

I'm pretty sure the Pilgrim Church will only collect the love offering
once, but that's not why you should go. It's a cool church doing cool
things, one of which is supporting folks like me and supplying them with a
great listening space. Imma play some rare stuff and maybe some new stuff
too.

Saturday will find me at the Westin, up on the Sky Bar, it's my brother's
birthday that day, but he won't be there. Just thought I'd mention it.

C-ya out there.

-Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro