[ From Butch Ross ] 3-Day intensive with Steve Seifert next weekend (Nov. 13-15)

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Wed Nov 4 13:31:24 EST 2015

This weekend - Saturday
Normalpalooza Normal Park Upper School
1219 W Mississippi Ave, Chattanooga, TN
I’ll play in the afternoon sometime.

Next Weekend - November 13-15, 2015
Butch Ross and Stephen Seifert's
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Dulcimer Three-Day Intensive
(Park Hills area of Cincinnati)
$175.00 (including an $87.50 deposit) Sign up online here:
http://bit.ly/1PryaHg

There will be a house concert at the same location Saturday evening. If you
would like to attend just the concert, contact me here: butch at butchross.com
(it’s important that you DON’T just reply to this email)

So next weekend I'll be doing my first three-day intensive workshop. Not
only that, it will be the first one that I'm doing in conjunction with my
great friend Stephen Seifert. Will go teach a beginning class and an
intermediate level class, and then in the afternoon we will switch classes.
We purposely built a good bit of overlap into the things we will be
teaching, because you think you can benefit by seeing how different players
approach the same topic. I think you're going to find that this leads to a
really well rounded education.
On Saturday night we're going to give a house concert as well, this is open
to the public, for being a house concert you need to contact me personally
to RSVP butch at butchross.com

The show is free to people taking the three day intensive, but there is a
$15 suggested donation for others. This is also the first house concert I
have ever done with Steve Seifert, I guarantee you it's going to be a
pretty exciting show.*

In other news I just got back from a week in England attending the Nonsuch
Dulcimer Club’s annual festival, as well as the Dulcimer World Congress.
The Dulcimer World Congress is a biannual worldwide conference of people
who play hammered dulcimer type instruments. I saw so many amazing things
happening. I saw people whose countries are technically enemies jamming
together. I saw tons of people who didn't speak the language communicating,
bonding and communicating in the language of music. I don't even play the
hammer dulcimer, but I love going to the congresses whenever I can because
I get to see firsthand how music unites us. How—despite the fact that we
have lives, countries and cultures that are completely unrecognizable to
each other—we are at our core one in the same. And I get to see how music
can bring out the good in everybody. I took some short videos with my
phone, and will be posting them on my Face book page. Not my personal
Facebook page, mind you, but my music page www.facebook.com/butchrossmusic
And while you're there, go ahead and like the page if you haven't already,
please? Thank you.

So that's it for this week, if you're in the Cincinnati area and want to
attend the three day intensive get in touch by pre-registering on Steve's
website here: http://bit.ly/1PryaHg
 and if you just want to come to the house concert shoot me an email
butch at butchross.com I'll be looking forward to seeing all of you!

C-ya out there

-Br

This weekend - Saturday
Normalpalooza Normal Park Upper School
1219 W Mississippi Ave, Chattanooga, TN
I’ll play in the afternoon sometime.

Next Weekend - November 13-15, 2015
Butch Ross and Stephen Seifert's
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Dulcimer Three-Day Intensive
(Park Hills area of Cincinnati)
$175.00 (including an $87.50 deposit) Sign up online here:
http://bit.ly/1PryaHg

*Guarantee not valid in Canada, Puerto Rico of the greater Cincinnati area.