[ From Butch Ross ] Chattanooga shows: New Album Preview at Barking Legs on Thursday.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue May 29 13:37:56 EDT 2012

Thursday, 7pm Sharp! (doors 6:30) -- $10
Barking Legs Theater
1307 Dodds Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37404
(423) 624-5347
www,barkinglegs.org

Appearing with Jim Pftizer (jimpfitzer.com)

One of the odder bills I've been on (but not the oddest by far). Jim
Pfitzer is previewing his one-man Show "Aldo Leopold: A Standard of Change"
before he takes it to Bonnaroo (that's kind of a big deal). He asked if I
would join him, and I saw it as a great opportunity to preview my new
album: "People, Place, Things" (due out this summer). In addition to
performing 50 minutes of new material, I'll be joined by some remarkable
friends who will be playing on the album too. Steve Brehm, guitar; Lori
Quillan, banjo and fiddle; The real life Travis Kilgore, bass and vocals;
Jack Kirton, pedal steel; and Emily Pate, vocals.

I've been wrestling with this album for over a year (indeed some tracks
were demoed BEFORE I started recording Shady Grove) but am super excited
about where this is going. The new album will have the vibe of Moonshiner's
Atlas with the sonic quality of Shady Grove. It will build on the familiar
and still take a big step forward. It shouldn't surprise me that it does
his, 'cuz that is in fact my job, and yet it does.

Also, for those of you who are interested, my side project "Amber Fults and
the Ambivalent Lovers" will be doing a trio show at Charles and Myrtles
Coffeehouse on Saturday night. It'll be a good chance to see us in a more
intimate space.

Okay that's all for now, I gotta go practice, my band knows my songs better
than I do!!!

C-ya out there,

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro