[ From Butch Ross ] Pickin' Porch n Townsend, TN this weekend Johnson City Sunday and new album preview next week.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Wed May 23 17:02:15 EDT 2012

Saturday, May 26th - All day
Workshops and Pickin' Porch  Concert at Wood-n-Strings in Townsend, TN

Workshops are $20 per workshop, two for $35 all day for $50.

Workshop I - 1 to 2 pm - beginners
Dead Simple Tunes:
Learn some fun and basic tunes as well as how to use your knowledge of
tunes you already know to help you learn new ones more quickly.

Workshop II - 2:30-3:30 - Novice and up
Bar chords and arpeggios
By learning to visualize the underlying chords in arpeggiated pieces,
you can learn to play those pieces more quickly and effectively.

Workshop III - 4 to 5pm - Intermediate and up
Contemporary Rhythm Workshop.
Ready to graduate from Bum Ditty? Learn rhythmic forms from genres
such as jazz, rock and world music. learn to swing and shuffle,
syncopate and and play poly-rhythms that breath new life in to old war
horses.

7pm Concert at the Pickin' Porch.

Sunday May 27 - 10pm
Acoustic Coffeehouse
415 West Walnut Street
Johnson City, TN 37604
(423) 434-9872
Free (tips)
http://www.acousticcoffeehouse.net/x/

Thursday, May 31st - 7pm Sharp!
New Album Preview and Jim Pfitzer's One man show
Barking Legs Theater
1307 Dodds Avenue Chattanooga, TN 37404
(423) 624-5347
$10 door
http://www.barkinglegs.org/

I, along with a couple of friends, will be previewing and road testing
some selections from my forthcoming album "People, Places, Things."
This will be a more acoustic band show than you've seen me do in a
while (or ever). I've played a handful of these new tunes in recent
shows, but not the ones that lend themselves to the full band format.

Then my buddy Jim Pfitzer will perform his one man show "Aldo Leopold:
A Standard of Change" as a preview performance to his show at to
Bonnaroo this year. Both of these shows will be unique and fun
experiences. You don't want to miss this.

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro