[ From Butch Ross ] The "accidental" tour starts today. TN, WV, PA, OHx2 and some other news

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue Jun 7 10:39:59 EDT 2011

*Sun. June 12th
The Lemon Grove Cafe*
West Federal Street
Youngstown
Ohio 44503
http://lemongrovecafe.com
(330) 744-7683
All Ages
CALL FIRST! This show is pretty tentative.

I guess the story of how this came to be isn't really that interesting. My
old friend Joe is coming back to my hometown for a visit. "Make sure you're
there" he demanded. I thought it was a great idea and I thought maybe I'll
play the Purple Fiddle to break up the 11 hour drive and get a little gas
money (it's also, you know, an awesome place to play). Then I thought, well
I have Saturday Night free and it's been a while since I played a club gig
in Columbus, and then my buddy Andrew Vladeck played Kafe Kerouac. I've been
playing email tag with the Lemon Grove folks for some time, so turn around
and suddenly I'm looking for cat sitters.

*News*
Folkcraft is trying to get the Indiana Dulcimer Festival on CBS' Sunday
Morning. They even got Bing to figure out the theme song! But in order for
it to happen, they need YOU to write and request it. The whole story is
here. http://www.folkcraft.com/folkcraftcommunity_blogid_56.html

Still no word on whether or not I'm going to Prairie Home Companion. They
have my material, now it's just a wait and see. If you're a friend of mine
of Facebook. Go "like" this page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/pages/I-want-Butch-Ross-on-Prairie-Home-Companion/132568563454384
*
On The Record*
If you've been to my page, you'll see that there's been real updates on the
recording process. That's not entirely true, there's been some mental
calculations and some tweaking to the songs that are gonna be on it. I was a
little concerned that a lot of what i was planning on putting on there
hadn't been played live, but actually, all of it has. That's kind of an
important thing as live performance knocks the edges off and helps them feel
more complete. Then again three songs on Shady Grove were written during the
recording process. So who knows what's gonna happen.

*Coming this summer
Kentucky Music Week*
June 19th - 24th
kentuckymusicweek.com
This is one of my favorite places to be.

*The Indiana Dulcimer Festival*
Woodburn, IN
www.indianadulcimerfestival.com
My first time here, but it's clearly gonna be a good one.

And then there's my DEBUT at *
Swannanoah Dulcimer Week*
Warren Wilson College, Asheville, NC
http://www.swangathering.com/Catalog/DU/sgdusched.html
I'm am thrilled and honored to have been asked to do this festival, plus I'm
teaching "rock-n-roll" dulcimer. How cool is that!

That's it for now. I hope to see you at these shows, or if you know someone
in these towns (especially Pgh and Youngstown) Send them my way

C-ya out there.

-Br