[ From Butch Ross ] Kentucky Music Weekend this Weekend, and Swannanoah Next week.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Wed Jul 27 17:15:14 EDT 2011

Jul 29- 31, 2011 All day (evening concert starts at 7pm)
Kentucky Music Weekend
Iroquois Ampitheater
Louisville, KY
$10 suggested donation for the evening concerts
I play Saturday Night.

Jul 30, 2011 - 10AM
Workshop --Twisting and tumbling: crooked and catchy tunes
We'll learn a fun tune that has a fun, but constantly changing rhythm
It's easier than it looks.
Iroquois Ampitheater
Louisville, KY
$20 suggested donation

Jul 31 to Aug 6, All Day
Swannanoah Dulcimer Week
Warren Wilson College
Asheville, NC
prices vary, check website.

Doug Snapp told me that the Indiana Festival was one of the best he's been
to, but I had no idea. What a blast that was! Thanks to Richard and
everybody else who made it such a success, including YOU!

This weekend, I get to go back to the Kentucky Music Weekend. This fun
festival is gonna have
John Gage, Mitch Barrett, Cathy Barton & Dave Para, Peter MADCAT Ruth, Gary
Gallier, Rick Thum, Small Potatoes, Storefront Congregation, Dan Landrum,
Bill Staines and a lot more on three stages. The evening concert is just a
$10 suggested donation.

Saturday morning I'll be teaching a dulcimer workshop, one of my favorite
twisty turn-y tunes.

After that it's off to my first visit to Swannanoah Dulcimer Week, where I
will be teaching a week long workshop on "Rock-n-Roll" Dulcimer (it's about
time!) it won't be exclusively rock-n-roll of course, but it will be a lot
of fun.

Hopefully all y'all can make it to that.

In other news the new mailing list is almost up and running. So get ready to
reset your spam filters. That's all for now.

C-ya out there.

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro