[ From Butch Ross ] Lancaster This Weekend and more July/August shows.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue Jul 12 15:01:15 EDT 2011

Jul 16-17 7pm
Build the Wheel Benefit
Historic Rock Mill
Lancaster, OH
Concert Saturday Night,
Workshops: 2pm "I don't improvise, I just make stuff up" 3:30 "playing in
one key while tuned to another"
Concert is $5, the workshops are $20 each.

Jul 22- 24, All Day
The Indiana Dulcimer Festival.
Folkcraft Instruments
Woodburn, IN
$10 for individual concerts $140 to attend the whole shebang

Jul 29- Aug 1, 2011
Closing the Second stage Saturday
Kentucky Music Weekend
Louisville, KY
$10 suggested donation

Jul 31 - Aug 6
Swannanoah Dulcimer Week
Warren Wilson College
Swannanoa, NC
http://www.swangathering.com/Catalog/DU/sgdusched.html

Hope all y'all in the Columbus area can make it down to Lancaster for a day
of workshops, private lessons, and a concert. I'l be teaching two workshops
one on improvisation called "I don't improvise, I make stuff up" and one one
playing in one key while tuned to another" You'll need a capo for this one,
but it's also a great introduction to what you can do with a 1.5 fret tho'
you'll not need a 1.5 for the class (I'll explain when you get there).

Then next week is the Indiana Dulcimer Festival which is unique and cool, ad
features some of my favorite dulcimer folks on the planet: Bing, Aaron,
Lois, Rob, and Steve. It'll be my first time here, but I've heard great
things about it, from folks like you, who attended last year.

Week after that is the newly expanded Kentucky Music Weekend and my debut at
the awesome Swannanoah Dulcimer week, but I'll tell you more about that a
little later.

In the meantime, come to Lancaster!

C-ya out there.

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro