[ From Butch Ross ] Shows in Asheville and Florida, and a bit of an update.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue Jan 12 00:30:01 EST 2010

Thursday, Jan 14 - 8pm
Westville Pub
777 Haywood Road
Asheville, NC 28806-3132
(828) 225-9782
www.westvillepub.com

Tuesday, Jan 26th - 8pm - $5
Luna Star Cafe
775 Northeast 125th Street
North Miami, Florida
305·799·7123
www.lunastarcafe.com

Jan 28-30 all day $95
Key West Dulcimer Festival
Hurricane Hole Marina
Key West, FL

Happy New Year!

Is it just me or has this year already begun to fly? Technically this
is supposed to be my slow month and yet here I am telling you about
shows that come at the end of the month. Of course, given how cold
it's been this can only be good news.

One of those shows is what was for me the most anticipated event of
2009 (next to my CD release), the Key West Dulcimer Festival. There
are still slots available for the KWDF, and although it's a long way
to get there, for a festival of it's size the sheer number of
performers and teachers is frankly astounding.

Weather issues aside, the last few weeks have been surprisingly busy
for me. Those snail-mail lists I've been collecting are giving way to
the first mailing of the year, and a big fat giveaway (technically
it's for Christmas but I'm still catching up from moving my album
release date from May to July. No kidding, that's how 2009 was for
me).

I got some other things in the works as well. I think I'm going to
have a sale! But first things first I am thisclose to having the Shady
Grove book done (just need to transcribe Gary and Quintin's parts) and
I'll be updating you on all of that just as soon as I can.

For you folks in north Florida my schedule for the next week is fairly
flexible, so if you aren't going to the KWDF but would like to take a
workshop, a private lesson or maybe even host a house concert (or all
three) I have the time and would LOVE to do something like that.

Wow, I always think these things are gonna be quick and to the point,
and they never are.

Those shows again:

Thursday, Jan 14 - 8pm
Westville Pub
777 Haywood Road
Asheville, NC 28806-3132
(828) 225-9782
www.westvillepub.com

Tuesday, Jan 26th - 8pm - $5
Luna Star Cafe
775 Northeast 125th Street
North Miami, Florida
305·799·7123
www.lunastarcafe.com

Jan 28-30 - all day - $95
Key West Dulcimer Festival
Hurricane Hole Marina
Key West, FL

C-ya out there.

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro