[ From Butch Ross ] Updated and finalized UK and Ireland Tour Dates, Tell Your Friends!

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Thu Oct 15 15:19:59 EDT 2009

*This week
*Oct 17, 2009 - Mitton, (UK) @ Aspinwall Arms - Butch Ross UK tour 2009
Oct 18, 2009 - Swindon, (UK) @ Riff's Bar - Butch Ross UK tour 2009 w/ Dan
Clews
*Next week* Oct 22, 2009 - Lancaster, (UK) @ Brittania 101
Oct 23, 2009 - Crumlin, (UK) @ The Patriot MC

*The week after that*
Oct 27, 2009 - Dublin, (UK) @ Doyles in Town - Ruby Sessions
Oct 28, 2009 - Clonakilty, COR (IE) @ De Barra - The Sitting Room Sessions
Oct 29, 2009 - Cork, COR (IE) @ The Roundy - o/f Ger Wolfe

*and that week's weekend *
Oct 30 through Nov 1, 2009 - Leicester, ML (UK) @ Launde Abbey - Nonsuch
Dulcimer Club Annual Weekend

*and, finally, the first weekend in Nov.*
Nov. 6th - House Concert, Pittsburgh, Pa (more details on this in the
future)
Nov. 7th - 8th South East Ohio Dulcimer Festival, Stewart, Ohio (master
classes on Sunday)

Good God that's a lot of shows.

I just wanted to drop a quick note to you all to keep you abreast of
upcoming shows and to let you know a bit about how it's been going. I been
tweeting @ twitter.com/butchross (which cross posts to
facebook.com/butchross) But way more than 140 characters worth of stuff has
happened.

This week I'm sort of laying low. Hanging with my friend Jenny and Tony
Coxon. By laying low, I mean chilling during the day (and getting a little
work done) and at night hitting the loads of sessions that they have around
here. I missed a great one on Monday because I got way laid in Lancaster,
but Tuesday Jenny took me to the Rising Sun for the "American" session,
loads of old-time tunes I never heard plus bluegrass and great old country
tunes, again, unknown to me, but brilliant nonetheless. Last night we hit a
songwriters sessions where I played in the round with folks who knew lots of
great American blues, Townes Van Zant and American trad. ballads, Plus Clive
Gregson was there with his (formerly Philly) Girlfriend. I knew I knew the
name but it wasn't till I got home that I realized that he's played with
Eddi Reader, Nancy Griffin and some dude named Richard Thompson. Tonight,
we're off to a traditonal "English" session so tonight we'll get to see how
quick my ears really are.

I'm not sure I can out into words how good the shows were at the Lancaster
Music Fest, not al of them of course, but once it got rolling it was
amazing. My job is spent largely 'presenting' introducing myself, laying the
tunes on you and hoping to illicit some response. In Lancaster though it was
a dialogue between me and the audience, I send out the music and they would
respond in kind, both sides pushing each other higher. It's totally
granola-head to say this but it was more like a dance than performance
(except had I actually been dancing someone would have gotten hurt). Come to
think of it, Lancaster, Ohio was a lot like that too.

Anyway, there's some buzz now and with me back there in a week I am
cautiously optimistic about how that will go.

but I'm not out of the woods yet. Like I said last week, I am a virtual
unknown here. You know someone in these necks of the wood that you think
would dig what I do, send 'em my way. And don't forget, I am still updating
my facebook and twitter accounts as much as I can.

c-ya out there

--Br
www.butchross.com

those shows again.