[ From Butch Ross ] UK/Ireland Tour Oct 9th to Nov. 1st, 2009! Tell yr friends.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Mon Oct 5 11:27:08 EDT 2009

*Upcoming Shows:
*Oct 9-11, 2009 - Lancaster, (UK) @ various - Lancaster Music Festival
Oct 17, 2009 - Mitton, (UK) @ Aspinwall Arms - Butch Ross UK tour 2009
Oct 18, 2009 - Layrg, (UK) @ Victoria Hotel (tent)
Oct 21, 2009 - Glasgow (TBD)
Oct 22, 2009 - Lancaster, (UK) @ Brittania 101 - Butch Ross UK tour 2009
Oct 23, 2009 - Crumlin, (UK) @ The Patriot MC - Butch Ross UK tour 2009
Oct 24, 2009 - Swindon, (UK) @ Riff's Bar - o/f The Lighter Thief
Collective
Oct 26, 2009 - London, (UK) @ 12Bar (extremely tentative)
Oct 27, 2009 - Dublin, (UK) @ Doyles in Town - Ruby Sessions
Oct 28, 2009 - Clonakilty, COR (IE) @ De Barra - The Sitting Room Sessions
Oct 29, 2009 - Cork, COR (IE) @ The Roundy - o/f Ger Wolfe
Oct 30-Nov 1, 2009 - Leicester, ML (UK) @ Launde Abbey - Nonsuch Dulcimer
Club Annual Weekend

butchross.com has links posted to the venue websites as well.

*What am i doing?*
Well, I'm doing it again. Going back across the pond to revisit old friends
and new with a slew of dates. Starting with the Lancaster Music Festival and
ending with the Nonsuch Dulcimer Club's Annual get together at the always
lovely Launde Abbey. In between I'll play some of my favorite "across the
pond' music venues an open for Ger Wolfe: my favorite Irish songwriter
(Sorry Messrs. Bono and Edge)

*Shout Outs, Love and a little backstory*
I know I feel like I'm constantly touting up the places I'm playing or bills
I'm on as "my favorite this" and "my favorite that" but I have been pretty
fortunate in how I get to pick and choose venues and damn lucky when it
comes down to how much they like me! Speaking of luck, I hemmed and hawed
about doing the Lancaster Music Fest because it would have left me with
three weeks to fill with shows, and I'd have to fill them with shows because
the number one rule of touring (overseas especially) is if you're not making
money, you are losing money. So I did not begin to book this tour in earnest
until mid-August—which any booking agent or musician who has played overseas
will tell you—is way too late, and insane. So it is with my deepest
gratitude that I thank all the clubs who have offered to bring me back or
set me up for the first time on the recommendation of Ben Ruth.

Ben Ruth of CME (cmeas.com) get's a special shout out here for supplying me
with his contact list, a mandate to drop his anme where ever useful and
handling work papers.

That's right, I get to write "musician" on my customs card.

*But I still need your help.*
England and Ireland have a great pub culture and lots of music lovers of all
ages everywhere. But I'm still a virtual unknown over there (as opposed to
here?) we'll be doing as much press and publicity as we can overseas but
anything you can do to help get teh work out. And while most of these shows
are booked, there are still a few open dates in this tour. If yr interested
in a private lesson or perhaps setting up a house concert contact me at
butch at butchross.com and put "UK" or "Ireland" in the subject line.

*Keep Up with Me while I'm there.
*Okay so stupid verizon doesn't stupid work over there (stupid Verizon) and
I ain't got no fancy video smart phone coming with me neither. I kept a
journal of the last tour over there but once I'd written it in paper I was
loathe to type it out later. So this time, I'm gonna do it in real time. Not
sure how, but if I can 'tweet' from my phone here, I ought to be able to do
it there. This also updates my facebook and myspace statuses as well so if
you want to keep abreast of me, you can do that by friending me here:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=768934711 here:
http://twitter.com/butchross or here: http://www.myspace.com/butchross (tho'
honestly this is the last place I'd go to).

Okay is that everything? I think so, once I'm back stateside I don't stop
fall has fell and we're back to breaking new ground and reclaiming old ones.
But that's another story for later.

C-ya out th...er Cheers!

-Br

*Those Shows Again*: