[ From Butch Ross ] Great Show in New Jersey this Weekend and exciting news!

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Wed Aug 20 13:24:34 EDT 2008

1. Great Show
2. Great News
3. Help me save the Post Office.

1. GREAT SHOW!

Friday, August 22nd
Minstrel Coffeehouse
co-bill with Randall Williams
Morristown Unitarian Fellowship,
21 Normandy Heights Road,
Morristown, NJ.
http://www.folkproject.org/fp_minstrel.html

That's right my first co-bill here. The Minstrel has always been one
of my favorite places to play, and they have my favorite cover charge
($7 to get in, plus what you thought it was REALLY WORTH on the way
out). Mike Agranoff and the gang have been trying to set up the right
bill to split for literally years. So, I'm splitting it with right guy
Randall Williams,(http://www.whereisrandall.com/) who is the king of
the partial capo (or something like that) and an all-round nice guy.

This will be my ONLY show in the northeast between now and the end of
the year. Sure love to see you there.

For those of you who are dulcimer players, I will be teaching a
workshop at the Off the Wall's dulcimer club picnic near
Mechanicsburg, PA on Sunday the 24th at 2pm. Contact me
butch at butchross.com if you want to go and I'll get you in touch with
those folks.

2. GREAT NEWS!

The other great news is that I've been invited to the UK to do ten
days of shows! I'll be doing a full-on Pub/Festival tour with two
other bands. Dates and other info will be posted on my site (and
elsewhere) soon enough, but I just wanted to let you all know the good
news. Honestly, I can't believe it.

3. Help Me Save The Post Office.

Way back in the day (the nineties) everybody used to send out
postcards with upcoming shows. It made for a great way to clutter up
your refrigerator. Then this thing called the internet came along and
everybody could send emails to everybody for free. No stamps, no
postcards, no overhead. More room for all that art yr. kids were
making by then.

Well I think it's time to bring it back, so I'm going to. Any of you
who are on this list and would like to get old-fashion mail updates in
a schmancy postcard form can get yourself on that list by going here:
http://www.butchross.com/members.html and scrolling to the bottom. I
probably won't send out more than a couple a year and you'll still get
email updates. But having a snail-mail address will also allow me to
send you free stuff should it strike my fancy (like last year's Xmas
card CD).

Okay that's all the news. Great show this weekend. I'm looking forward
to being back in the northeast ever so briefly. Flying in just for the
weekend, just for this gig. Makes me feel like a rockstar. An
unfocused, spendthrift rockstar who's not all that bright, but a
rockstar nonetheless.

C-ya out there.

-Br

Here's that show again.