[ From Butch Ross ] Two great shows in Chattanooga this week!

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue Aug 5 11:49:21 EDT 2008

Tonight!
O/F Asylum Street Spankers
Market Street Tavern
850 Market St.
Downtown Chattanooga
(423) 634-0260
FREE! 8pm

I am opening for the Asylum Street Spankers tonight as part of the Market
Street Tavern's Grand Re-Opening. This is a FREE SHOW and it starts at 8pm.
Amanda Cagle will be joining me on upright bass.This is gonna be great!

Saturday, Aug 9th - 7pm
Charles and Myrtle's Coffeehouse
Christ Unity Church
105 McBrien Road
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37411
423-892-4960
$10 suggested donation.

I have no idea who Charles or Myrtle are, the guy who runs this place is
named Andy. Charles and Myrtle's is an under-appreciated listening room that
brings in some great singer/songwriters (Jonathan Byrd, Tommy Womack, Lloyd
Maines and Terry Hendrix etc.) to an intimate venue. I'll be doing two sets,
One solo, one set of old-time tunes with Amanda Cagle on vocals and upright
bass.

Oh kids, I used to have so much to say with these things. I would languish
for hours putting together the right amount of prose and pith to create the
perfect gig announcement email. I'd also sometimes just come home drunk and
rant on something. Surprisingly the difference in quality between the
well-crafted and the drunken spewings were negligible. But i don't drink as
much these days, so I guess the brilliance is gone?

Well not really, I've just been up to my ears in good stuff. Playing many a
gig in town, plotting out the rest of the year for touring, attending
old-time festivals, and most recently collaborating with the talented Ms.
Cagle who plays about twelve different instruments. Yes, there's a new
record on the horizon, but it's still a ways off. There's a lot of stuff on
the horizon, I'm coming to the end of the summer doldrums where Butch goes
from kinda locally busy to crazy stupid busy. Anyway, more about that when
it happens. In the meantime I just wanted you to know about this week's fun.

The last-minute announcement for the Spanker's show is not indolence on my
part, I literally got the call yesterday as the folks at the Market Street
retool and reopen. Short notice or not, this is gonna be a good time. If you
haven't seen the Spankers well... what are you waiting for?

And then Saturday, there's this great listening room gig and hey, I get to
play for church the next day too, if you're inclined to THAT sort of
chicanery.

Anyway, here's the details again.

c-ya out there.

-Br