[Butchross] Butch previews his one-man show at Fergies, Tomorrow!

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue Jul 29 11:38:53 EDT 2003

Wed, July 30th 9pm (sharp)
Fergie's Pub
1214 Sansom St.
Philadelphia, Pa.

Well first off, this is waaay too short notice for any semi-professional to
be telling you about an upcoming show. Even if it is only the third one in
this continent this year. But I was at Falcon ridge, that wonderful thing I
have to do every year. this year I volunteered which meant that I had to be
there close to a week. A small price to pay to be in such a magical place.
But because of that, now I am running ariound trying to get this all
together at the last minute,

Alright, so If you've actually seen me or talked to me in the last 6 months
I have undoubtedly told you about my one-man show I been working on. It's
called Gas, Food, Longing. And it will debut at the Philadelphia Fringe
Festival in Sept.

Here's how I describe it in all the  official press stuff:
> Gas : Food : Longing is a one-act, multimedia song cycle loosely based around
> a single theme. The show incorporates original and traditional music
> interacting with video projection, spoken word pieces and stand-up comedy in
> an oblique narrative about small-town people.

And that's the gist of it. Now this isn't a big 'ol departure for me, most
of the songs on it are things I've sang over the last year and a half, and
most of the other bits are things you probably hear me say in conversation
around a campfire or two. But there is a lot of new stuff going into ad
there's the distinct possibility that this puppy might fall flat on it's
face. So to hedge my bets, I've decided to a little run through. No bells or
whistles here, in terms of the video stuff. Just me and the guitar, singing
the tunes and talking about where I grew up. I'm doing it at Fergie's 'cuz
it's  free to get in and I can do it early (9pm) And I would love to have
you guys come see the show and offer me some serious feedback. I hope you
can make it.

C-ya out there.

-Br

P.S.
It's always such a pleasure to see all you guys at Falcon Ridge, and I'm
sorry I wasn't able spend even more time with y'all.