[Butchross] Butch Ross in New England

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Fri May 24 12:03:52 EDT 2002

Sat May 25, 2002 · 4:45pm    $15/$8
Cutting Edge of the Campfire:
James O'Brien, Langhorne Slim, Milton
Club Passim, Cambridge, MA

Mon May 27, 2002 · 8:00pm    $15/$8
Cutting Edge of the Campfire
In the round, Jeff Cannon, Kieran Ridge, Joe Rathbone
Club Passim, Cambridge, MA

Wed May 29, 2002 · 12:00-2:00pm free
Wild Oats Market, Westport, CT

Fri, May 31, 2002 · 9:00pm free(tips)
Stimulance, Buffalo, NY

Well I'm packing up the white suit, the bunny ears the arrow through the
head and taking my breathtakingly original show on the road* up across the
great state of New York and some of your hipper parts of New England.
Kicking off the weekend will be the "Cutting Edge of the Campfire Weekend" a
weekend long celebration of the contemporary urban singer/songwriter (or a
herd of gazelles that's short a cheetah or two, you decide) I'm on the bill
with some of best songwriters and most amazing performers in this here
business and I'm gonna have to work my ass off to not be bested by these
boys. You can play online Nero to the melee by logging onto
http://radioboston.com and selecting Channel 5.

Wednesday will find me at the weirdest yet cool gig I've had yet (and I've
had a lot of both) Wild Oats grocery in Westport, Connecticut. Part borders,
part coffeeshop all organic, these sort of gigs should just be apathetic
nightmares that you just grit your teeth and shoegaze through and yet the
staff are true music lovers and curious bystanders seem to really enjoy the
music, especially the upbeat stuff. Since it's a health food store run by
spiritual hippies and owned by a multi-national conglomeration of evil
business interests this is really only a break in the clouds. But I feel
good when I leave this place. You should get as look while you can.

Friday, is my first full-length show in Buffalo at Stimulance. I have no
idea what's gonna happen there. It'll be a surprise to both of us.

I like to stay busy when I'm on the road, so you can also find me at these
open mics this week Club Helsinki, Great Barrington, NY Acousticafe,
Bridgeport, CT and Cafe Lena, Saratoga Springs, NY

C-ya put there, bring a friend.

-Br

*Breathtakingly original if you don't own Steve Martin's "let's get small"
or Dennis Miller's "off-white album" but hey, comedy is not pretty.