[Butchross] Butch Ross and band to play two shows in Philly early next week.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Wed May 1 08:49:14 EDT 2002

Sun May 05, 2002 · 7:00pm cover: $12
Tin Angel , Philadelphia, PA
Opening for Neko Case and Her Boyfriends

Tue May 07, 2002 · 9:00pm cover: $5
The Fire at the Philadelphia Bar and Grill , Philadelphia, PA
Opening for the Kwait Brothers Band

Okay first of all, Thank you to everybody who came out the the Peopleart
coffeehouse in Buffalo, I had a great time in a really great venue.

Two cool shows coming up early this week. First of all Sunday, I'm at the
Tin Angel opening for Neko case and her Boyfriends. (I tried to be one of
Neko's boyfriends and was rebuffed, but she did say if she ever forms a band
called "neko case and the guy she wishes her boyfriends were more like" I'm
in.)  For those of you who don't know, the Tin Angel is a true listening
room located above a great restauranmt called Serrano in the fastidiously
hipper-than-thou Olde city section. It's on second street between, the a
pakistani hoagie shop turned hip martini bar (tho you can still get the
occasional pakistani hoagie) and the cuban-themed "i'm not a waitress I'm an
actress" Cafe. The ticket price is $12 and the show starts at 7pm.

Now $12 dollars is not unreasonable to go see a show at the Tin Angel but it
is a little more than we usually charge for our own shows so I've decided
that if you come to the Tin Angel show you're on the guest list for the Fire
show on Tuesday.

Tuesday, me and the band will be at the Fire in the Phiadelphia Bar and
Grill. The Fire is at 4th and Girard in the soon to be hipper than thou
Northern Liberties part of town. We'll will be opening for the Kwait
Brothers whom I know nothing about. (I should but I don't and I figure there
really no need to lie to you people.) It's $5 to get in (or free depending
on where you are Sunday night.)

Anyway, that's it; pointless diatribes will have to wait till next time. For
a guy with no job, I've got a lot to do.

c-ya out there,

-Br