[Butchross] Butch Ross this week :: Newark, Bridgeport, then Falcon Ridge

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Wed Jul 24 01:14:11 EDT 2002

Just the facts this time...

Thursday, at the East End Cafe. If    you've never been, go. Great food,
great staff, plus I'm sharing the bill with literally Uber-talented Antje
Duvekot. who is also playing at Falcon Ridge this year.

Friday day, you'll find me at my favorite folk festival. But I'll be
sneaking off that night to play a gig in Bridgeport, Connecticut's wonderful
Acoustic Cafe. The Domino Effect is a Connecticut-based activist group, made
of artists, activist, and really hot hippy chicks. Who believe that the
personal and the political are intertwined and    http://thedominoeffect.org

Closing the show and bitching about sad state of internet radio tese days.
http://saveinternetradio.org

Had an amazing time in the UK, met some great new people, caught up with old
friends. Big, Big thanks to Paul for the hookup at Spice of Life, Andy and
Carlos for gigs, grub, and guiness at the 12Bar, Lee and Alex at Tall Poppy
Presents, Martin for the CD, Bernard at Acoustic Routes for a fantastic gig.
and of course Jim, Jen and Christie for mad hospitality and great
conversation. It was truely resplendent.

Falcon Ridge looms with Winterhawk just behind, hope to see you all there.
Karaugh Brown, Cadence Carroll and Antje Duvekot are all showcase artisits
this year. I highly recommend you go see 'em and vote! vote! vote! with a
list this year that includes Don Conoscenti and Michael McDermott they've
got  a tough field to contend with. That's right, the women are smarter but
they aren't beautiful drunks, rounders, or likely to write articles that
begin "I always thought the letters in your magazine were fake..."

I will be posting new "notes from the road" real soon, I had meant to do it
on the plane but so much happened in the UK that I'll have to really whip
that into shape while I still vaguely remember it. I got a soundboard
recording of Friday's show and I hope to be posting that on the Mp3 page.

I'll be laying low in August and September as I try to get this record up to
speed, but look for new tracks to be posted as soon as I get them together
too.

c-ya out there.

-Br