[Coco] xroar keyboard definitions

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 13:14:20 EDT 2022

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 11:38 PM Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:13:22 +0900
> Joel Rees via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to compile a Japanese keyboard definition for the current
> > source, and I'm not figuring out how to get the source code in
> > src/gtk2/keyboard_gtk2_mappings.c to be recognized when compiled.
> >
> > Would appreciate help.
> >

>     Not sure what you mean by 'recognized', but, line 103 in
> src/gtk2/keyboard_gtk2.c includes it. So it is compiled into
> src/gtk2/xroar-keyboard_gtk2.o

I can leave syntax errors in the file and watch the compile complain and
error out, so, yeah, it seems to be getting compiled.

> does 'xroar -keymap help' show your new name and description along
> with the originals??
>
> Manfred(chrish)$ xroar -keymap help
>         uk         UK
> [...]
>         us         American
>         dvorak     DVORAK
>
>     If so, it is in there. add '-keymap jp' to your starting incantation
> or 'keymap jp' to ~/.xroar/xroar.conf to use it.

No, it doesn't.

Ah. I think I just figured it out. I've got this copied, not linked, into my
executable path, so I must be executing the original binary.

I'll check this again tomorrow, when I should wake up.

Joel Rees

http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html