[Coco] xroar keyboard definitions

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sat Apr 30 13:12:07 EDT 2022

Joel Rees via Coco wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a Japanese keyboard definition for the current
> source, and I'm not figuring out how to get the source code in
> src/gtk2/keyboard_gtk2_mappings.c to be recognized when compiled.
>
> Would appreciate help.

Wow, ok cool.

So first off - is this under Linux?  The GTK+2 code will only be used
for the GTK+2 UI, which generally means Linux.  In theory, SDL2 (used
under Windows and MacOSX) knows where each key is either by magic or
by asking the OS.

If this is for Linux/GTK+2, and you've got your new array of mappings
defined, the only thing you should need to do is reference it along
with a string identifying it (to be used as an argument to the "-keymap"
option) in the keymaps[] array at the bottom of that file.

..ciaran