[Coco] Happy Holidays !

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Dec 23 13:39:18 EST 2021

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 12:42:34 PM EST Christopher R. Hawks wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 11:46:50 -0500
>
> gene heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 23, 2021 11:07:11 AM EST coco at jechar.ca wrote:
> > > All
> > >
> > > Happy Holidays, to all thanks for the help over the years and all
> > > the best in 2022.
> > >
> > > Charlie
> >
> > Well, I'm not exactly known for being PC, you folks have been reading
> > my sig for a couple decades since I went al Linux on you all, so I
> > will say it like it should be said:
> >
> > Merry Christmas to all, from grandpa Gene.
> >
> > Yup, at 87, and full of replacement parts here and there, I'm still
> > here. And might be for a while yet, pacemaker battery has about 7
> > years left. Alone now, and missing the wind in my face from half a
> > million miles on two wheels, I just bought a 150cc motor-scooter,
> > still mostly in the crate in the driveway. It should be a cheaper
> > grocery getter than my 14.4 mpg 2011 Ford 150 pickup.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>
>     The same back at ya, Grandpa Gene!!
>
> and
>
> Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low
> stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday,
> practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion
> of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others
> who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose
> not to practice a religion at all;
>
> Additionally,
>
> a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
> uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2022,
> but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other
> cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great,
> without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual
> preferences of the wishees.
>
> (Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal.
> It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the
> wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any
> unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not
> caught up in the holiday spirit.)

Chuckle...
I dunno Christopher, but isn't that carrying this PC thing a bit far?

I've reached that age where I don't feel I should waste what little time I
might have left typing all that with my hunt and peck fingers. ;o)

My first M.I.L. had a saying I still remember, She was rather opinionated:
"They've got the same clothes to get glad in that they got mad in." 64 years
later, it still seems appropriate. :o)

Take care and stay well.

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft