[Coco] NitrOS-9 EOU (Ease of Use) Beta 5 released

Kevin Becker kevin at kevinbecker.org
Fri May 15 16:56:39 EDT 2020

I decided to try out the autoexec functionality today and set up a
dedicated SD card to autoboot right into NitrOS9 with the data VHD
automounted as well.  This is a really cool feature and works
great.  It really changes the "feel" of booting up my CoCo to have it
go right into a more powerful OS.
I'd offer a little feedback for the beginner's documentation.  The doc
states that you can automount the disk images and rename the basic
program to autoexec.bas but as a beginner, it took me a little googling
to actually make that happen.  It'd be nice to have a little section
that calls this feature out more directly, because it is cool, and
lists the steps.
- copy EOU_USER.VHD and 68SDC.VHD (or 63SDC.VHD for a 6309 CPU) to the
root of your SD card- create a text file called STARTUP.CFG in the root
of your SD card with the following lines:	0=68SDC.VHD  (or
0=63SDC.VHD for 6309 CPU)	1=EOU_USER.VHD- insert the SD card in
your CoCoSDC and power on the CoCo- enter DRIVES to verify both disk
images are mounted- enter RENAME "AUTO.BAS" TO "AUTOEXEC.BAS"- power
off and back on your CoCo and you should boot directly into NitrOS9