[Coco] Coco1 and IDE HD power

Richard Lorbieski rlorbieski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 22:19:21 EDT 2017

Bad idea. The CoCo1 power supply was never intended to power peripherals beyond a ROM cartridge or FDC card.

The older gray MPI (26-3024) MAY and I mean MAY be able to power a small IDE drive with some small modifications.

However, why risk a rare and hard to replace/repair MPI when you can buy an external hard drive for a fraction of the cost of a MPI?