[Coco] Coco Flash menu for coco1/2. Vs. Coco3

Rietveld Rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 17 19:18:40 EDT 2017

Hi

Thanks to guys on this list patiently answering  my questions I was able to modify the flash menu program to PEEK the coco on startup to determine if the flash cart is running on a coco1 /2 or Coco3 . I also modified the menu to detect available memory size (4k-512k)
If the cart detects a coco3 then the menu defaults to the full view of available games
If the cart detects a coco1/2 it will further detect memory size and only display a menu  of flashed roms that will work with that model

‎If I plug the cocoflash into one of my 4k grey case coco's the displayed menu of games will be very short
‎if I use a 16k coco the list gets bigger
If I use a ‎ 64k model the list of available games grows even larger
All the way up to a 512k coco3 with all rom paks(games) listed

As a side project I also added more speech support by announcing 'menu page up' 'menu page down' 'menu page first' and 'menu page last' ;because everyone loves a talkative coco :)