[Coco] DSKINI glitch while using physical drive 1 and SDC DOS 1.5

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 01:37:06 EDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Rietveld Rietveld wrote:

> Hi.   I'm I just did a POKE 65497,0
>
> Then DSKINI1
>
> The disk formated and gave the 'OK' prompt
> Is there a fix that can be made to the SDC dos so I don't need to do the
> highspeed POKE before the DSKINI

There will eventually be an update to SDC-DOS once I determine the best way
to go about fixing the problem.

For now, if you need to format real floppy disks using SDC-DOS you will
probably want to enable the appropriate High Speed poke beforehand.  The
alternatives are to wait a few minutes for DSKINI to complete or press the
Reset button to interrupt the verification pass (when stepping of the head
slows to once every few seconds).

- Darren