[Coco] A Thanksgiving Present to Coco/DriveWire4 users

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 20:48:09 EST 2017

DriveWire is very robust.  At one time I wrote some scripts that would work
all four drives at one time.

format a 86mb disk for /x0 and a 9mb disk for /x1

1) do a dchceck and then a dsave from one full sized hard drive image to
another drive ending with a dump of the disk to the console
    dcheck -w=/r0 /x2; chd /x2; dsave -itvs56 /x0 ! shell -p; dcheck
-w=-/r0 /x0; dump</x0@
2) concurrently copy 2 large zip files (750663 and 1619401 bytes
respectively) from /x3 to /x1 and do a compare concurrently ; do an
integrity check of both zip files concurrently ; unzip each zip file
creating directory paths concurrently ; dump the disk to the console
concurrently
3) run the maze screen saver at the same time just because

I can usually get through about 3 iterations of this torture test before
VCC locks; only rarely will DriveWire have an exception error.

Like I said, very robust.

William H. Carlin, Jr.