[Coco] FPGA VS Software Emulators

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Wed Jul 26 00:44:51 EDT 2017

As Mark said, the 6809 core in the CoCo3FPGA runs at 25 MHz and the VGA
dot clock is also conveniently 25 MHz.  Remember that the real CoCo 3
interleaves CPU access to the memory with video system access so I think
it works out well when the CPU clock matches the dot clock in this case.

And if anyone's interest has been piqued feel free to email me and I can
send you an invitation to the CoCo3FPGA group.  You don't need to own an
FPGA system to be a member; just a desire to snoop around and see what's
going on over there.

and make a request for membership.

Dave