[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Jul 24 13:10:24 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Gregory Law <glaw at live.com> wrote:

>  In some ways I'm glad Radio Shack brought out the more
> capable Color Computer 3 instead of the Deluxe Color Computer, although
> I think it would have been nice to have a more business-like case like
> the Deluxe Color Computer.

First I've heard that the aborted Deluxe Color Computer had a case that was
any different than that of the CoCo 3.  As I recall, there were several
tiny pictures of it in RS catalogs that looked no different than a CoCo 3.
And the keyboard of it was identical to a CoCo 3, and sold for a time for
$4.95 in the stores as a separate item, prior to the CoCo 3's advent.

Maybe you are confusing it with the prototype case, never produced, that
was pictured in Bill and Boisy's book, with the built-in floppy drive?

Art