[Coco] keyboards

Carlos Camacho idevgames at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 09:40:18 EDT 2017

$19 isn't a bad price for a mechanical keyboard. Probably really cheapo
switches. In terms of work... you'll need to either solder wires to each
key following the CoCo's matrix or design a PCB. (Though I suppose you
could use the PCB it comes with and cut the traces as needed.) Sounds like
with this route, you'd be throwing away just about everything except for
the switches and keycaps. Have you thought about pricing just the amount of
switches and keycaps you need to see if that route would be cheaper?

BTW, there is a UK outfit that had a manufacturer make the transparent
(plastic) keyboard matrix for Timex Sinclair ZX81 keyboards. Would be cool
if we could find out who is manufacturing them.

Cheers
Carlos Camacho