[Coco] $4 USB HOST a chip

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Feb 22 22:24:27 EST 2017

So, there is a $4 chip that does all the USB stuff, and spits out serial. They have software for keyboards, mice, joysticks, flash drives, etc.

And, you can plug a USB Bluetooth dingle in to it and it does Bluetooth, like with PlayStation game pads.

I found it on a U.K. Site and they gave the chip number... not much to it.

Here is a project that uses it the other way, using IO on the chip to read digital pins of a joystick and spit it out as a USB so a Commodore joystick can be used on a PC with an emulator...

http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2971

That must mean the chip goes both ways, USB host or USB device.

It even has a real time clock in it, and other things of interest.

There is a pin version of it too, so it can be used on a breadboard. I may have to order one,

Between this, and the $3 ESP8266 WiFi chip, we could finish up the rest of the "CoCo needs" by having WiFi, Bluetooth and USB.
--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware

P.S. Since 4/15/2014, I have earned over $2320 in Amazon gift cards! Sign up using my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman (Ask me for the tip/howto doc.)