[Coco] Before I try to reinvent the wheel, has anyone made a "boot to coco" raspberry pi system?

Ron Klein ron at kdomain.org
Tue Feb 7 12:30:16 EST 2017

I have been experimenting with myself and slowly working on documenting
everything.  I use a Raspberry Pi 3 as its more powerful that it's older
siblings.  The RPi3 allows for video hardware acceleration using the
correct SDL libraries.

I'm using the latest version of MAME (0.182) for Coco emulation (1, 2 &
3).  I also use the latest version of XRoar for Coco 2 emulation as an
alternative.

Even though I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3, I still have a slight overclock to
it to keep everything running at full speed.  No issue there as I have a
couple of small heat sinks installed along with a quiet fan for the case.
You can actually purchase the RPI3 as a kit with everything you need (power
supply, etc.).

In addition to using the built-in SD card for storage, I have a local copy
Drivewire 4 installed.  The RPi3 has built-in wireless, so it's easy to
transfer files remotely if there is something you want that's not on the SD
card (via a Samba daemon).

I just recently reached out to Chris Hawks about the Teensy to USB
interface for using a real Coco keyboard with this set up in event I ever
want to install everything into a Coco case (as Alan mentioned).  Brett has
the boot process addressed in his email.

I may do a video demo of this like I did for John's Cocovid player so
others can see what it looks like.

Thanks

-Ron