[Coco] BUG with rbsuper and tc3 drivers

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Mon Feb 6 18:18:16 EST 2017

On 2/6/2017 3:15 PM, Tim Fadden wrote:
> I have been having problems getting scsi disks working with the latest
> nitros9 I downloaded from the nightlies Feb 2nd.
>
> I have two disks attached one set to ID 0, and one set to ID 4
> OK so I made a boot floppy with sdc drivers, sdsuper/tc3 drivers, and
> floppy controller drivers with floppy as /dd.
>
> It all boots up fine.
>
> Now when doing a dir listing on /sd0 through /sd6 the system comes
> back with the listing of target 0!
> all the descriptors show their respective target  ie drv=0, drv=1, etc.
> so either tc3 driver, or sbdriver is not handling the scsi ID at all.
> I have multiple partitions on the drive , so next i did a dmode on it
> to change the offset, IE
>
> dmode /so wpc=0F ofs=D302
>
> low and behold, there is the dir from my second partition.
>
> so this leads me to believe that the offset is being passed correctly.
>
> I have not tried to write to them!  ha ha.   So for anyone that has
> just one drive attached all would seem to be working perfectly, but
> with multiple drives it is a no-go.
>
> Is any one savvy enough to figure out where the scsi ID is being
> egnored?  I would certainly appreciate it.
>

> Thanks!
>
> P.S. on a side not I was reading the superdriver docs, saying it can
> handle up to 4 gig, is this drive size, or partition size? I am
> guessing drive.  although I have an 18 gig attached with 4 partitions
> that seem to be working correctly. Might just be because I never put
> enough data on them to wack out the next partition.

Could the Init module module have anything to do with it?

I compared the os9boot's from the sbdriver distribution disk that sees
the disks properly, and from one that can only sees target 0. and the
device descrptors and sbdirver and tc3 idents exactly the same.
the init module is quite a bit different.

I will play around some more.

Thx all,