[Coco] toolshed tools lock up on ?FS ERROR disks

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Feb 5 21:32:43 EST 2017

?FS errors are generally caused by a bad GAT.

Sometimes, this is caused by the GAT having been written to Track 0, Sector
2 instead of Track 17, Sector 2, due to a bug that hits when the drive head
gets confused about what track it is on and hits the Track 0 stop in
seeking the correct track.  So, you might want to look for data resembling
an intact GAT in Track 0, Sector 2 and, if you find it, see if the FS error
goes away when you copy this sector to Track 17, Sector 2.

Art