[Coco] 3 1/2 drive on coco and drive 0-3 on one ribbon cable

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Thu Aug 31 17:39:16 EDT 2017

> Rietveld Rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.comĀ  <mailto:coco%40maltedmedia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BCoco%5D%203%201/2%20drive%20on%20coco%20and%20drive%200-3%20on%20one%20ribbon%20cable&In-Reply-To=%3CDM5PR14MB130676B5CBC6C813A04CB1D7B69D0%40DM5PR14MB1306.namprd14.prod.outlook.com%3E>
> Thu Aug 31 16:13:53 EDT 2017
>
> If so ' since I don't have a way to burn a new ROM, is there a way to have my SDC auto EXEC ADOS instead of the explorer?

Actually, if you have a CoCo SDC, you do have a way to burn a ROM. The CoCo SDC has 8 ROM slots that are rewritable.

Please refer to this page: http://cocosdc.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html <http://cocosdc.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html>

The CoCo SDC contains 128K of Flash memory which is divided into eight banks of 16K. All eight banks of the Flash are user-programmable. The board is provided with SDC-DOS pre-programmed into bank 0 and stock Disk Basic 1.1 in bank 1. SDC-DOS adds extensions to the Disk Basic commands which make it easy to take advantage of the Flash memory.

You could program ADOS or ADOS3 into one of the unused banks. If you use bank 2, you can then run it using:

 RUN @2

Or

 RUN @2,R

Which will keep that bank active even after pressing reset. After using ,R you will need to fully power-down the CoCo (and Multi-Pak Interface) in order to restore the normal Reset behavior.