[Coco] CoCo 2 Repair Help

Paul Shoemaker paulfe3 at swbell.net
Mon Aug 21 21:08:58 EDT 2017

Frank, good luck with the repair.  I hope you're able to get the machine up and running.  I also purchased one of the new in box CoCo 2's from that same seller in an earlier auction.  My CoCo 2 powers up and runs fine, but has the dreaded vertical yellow bar on the hi-res screens.  I've seen Zippster's article on how to fix this, but I am somewhat new to soldering/de-soldering so I haven't gotten up the courage to try it yet.
I understand that the yellow bar is not terribly uncommon on CoCo 2 systems, but I am beginning to suspect that the seller has a batch of CoCo 2 systems that perhaps did not pass the final quality check on the assembly line way back when.  Seems like I recall seeing some feedback from a third buyer whose NIB system did now work, as well.
-Paul