[Coco] Bubble Memory

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 14:31:24 EDT 2017

Well that’s true.  If you want the RAM usable by your video pages (VDG), you’ll have to
interface it directly to the SAM (and data latches) so that interleaved memory access can be used.

You can still bank it with some additional logic outside the SAM of course, but the
lower address lines have to handled by the SAM.  You’d also need a connection to deal
with the latches handling RAM data output to the CPU data bus and VDG.

This could be done a couple of different ways, but is a pretty extensive upgrade.

I think the easiest way is probably to add additional ram that can’t be accessed for
video by asserting SLENB to access expansion RAM (this can even be added at the cart port).

Then simply don’t use SLENB to override memory areas being used for VDG pages.
This might complicate software somewhat, but the hardware is pretty straightforward.

- Ed