[Coco] Bubble Memory

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Aug 15 13:56:59 EDT 2017

On 8/15/2017 10:21 AM, Zippster wrote:
> It was never really thereā€¦  Anything involving over 64K will involve banking of
> some sort.  The 32K blocks have to be just a limitation of the scheme they used
> in this case.
I agree.  They were going with low pars count, and banking into the 32kB
RAM bank was an easier task that banking on 8kB pages

That said, I looked at the article this morning (thanks John) and then
looked at the Coco1 and Coco2 schematics.  The kicker is trying to get
the VDG and the CPU to see your new RAM.

Would it be horrid if the situation were simplified a bit?  Say, let the
CPU see megabytes of RAM, but let the VDG stay in the original 64K map?

Jim