[Coco] On John Linnville's Color Computer Game Master Cartridge Design

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 20:40:29 EDT 2017

Well that’s just like…  using a nuke to swat a fly!   :)

Seriously though, while I wouldn’t put a CPLD on a board just to interface that TI chip,
a small one isn’t necessarily (severe) overkill even on just a ROM cart with a sound chip.

Considering you can handle your address decoding, add a couple of registers and some
banked flash ultra easy at the same time, while reducing overall chip count.

I do understand that some people enjoy simple solutions and keeping the components
old school though, and I can respect that.

I just love mixing the old and new together myself.

- Ed