[Coco] CoCoEPROMpak

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Thu Sep 8 05:03:32 EDT 2016

> On Sep 7, 2016, at 19:29, Barry Nelson <barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com> wrote:
>
> I am working on a Flash ROM project with Jim Brain. Is this similar? What does yours do?

It might be similar. Mine uses an EEPROM. It will be writable on the CoCo without disassembly, includes a write protect switch, and will fit in an unmodified Super Pak case. The board has the same dimensions as an original Program Pak board or my old CoCoEPROMpak board.

It can be assembled as an 8k, 16k, 32k, or 128k cart. The 16k version would emulate two 16k carts that can be selected with a switch, while the other sizes each emulate a single cart. The 32k and 128k versions include the necessary bank switching logic for carts of those sizes.  The CART interrupt is switchable, for use with BASIC-like ROMs such as HDB-DOS. Booting of the cart is suppressed in write mode, so that writing a crashing BASIC-like ROM image won't brick the board for users without a Multi-Pak. I think it's unlikely that the 128k version would generate much interest, because the EEPROM on that board will be pretty expensive.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/