[Coco] Interesting problem with multi-pak and CC3 and OS9L2 / Nitros9

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Tue Oct 4 00:01:10 EDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 6:53 PM, John R. Hogerhuis <jhoger at pobox.com> wrote:

> I had done a peek &hff90 and got 126. Which my understanding is that is an
> upgraded mpi.
>
> But that is very interesting bit of data. One I don't know if that's
> really a good test. Two I got it off eBay and it's seria number is before
> it was fixed but I didn't upgrade myself.
>
> -- John.

Ok so I did some more testing... turns out I have another multipak, same
model # and it returns 0 when I peek at &hff90.

So I don't think PEEK &HFF90 is reliable contrary to the test described at
Cloud9.

Also, I didn't think to look before but the MPI that returns 126 on the
peek still has the warranty sticker over one of the case screws. I opened
it and as you might expect I don't see evidence of rework.

So bottom line is... my non-upgraded  26-3124 MPI is probably causing my
compatibility issue with Coco 3.

So I need to resolve that. Hopefully I can figure it out myself, investing
$40+s/h and shipping-hassle is a little steep.

Thanks all for the help.

-- John.