[Coco] Sardis controller

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Tue Nov 1 03:45:19 EDT 2016

Hi Zathrasldf,
If you don't have an eprom burner, I can burn 2764 8KB or 27128 16KB 28-pin eproms for you containing whatever Coco3 DOS image you may need.  I have the entire HDBDOS repository as well as ADOS 3 eproms.  Since Art said they are freely available, I'd be happy to help you out any way I can.
As to checking out your disk drive controller, with the controller PCBoard laying on a flat anti-static surface, clean and dry, try pushing down on all the socketed ICs making sure they are all seated properly.  Many times this is all that is needed to get the eprom working again.  I too have employed a clean pencil eraser on the card edge contacts thoroughly erasing all the oxidation off the gold or tin/lead contacts.  I have never seen a Sardis disk controller PCBoard so I'm trying to cover all the bases.
I have 3 MPIs that have the tin/lead card edge contacts (I wish they were gold plated) and I have erased them all trying to get them back into service, but they refuse to work properly.  I wish I could get them all back online.  I'm thinking about looking for some gold plated card edge extenders for them to extend the 40 pin Coco expansion port connector as well as the ground contacts soldering the extenders on thoroughly.  I bet that would do the trick.  I hope you can get your Sardis Controller working.  Just out of curiosity, would you take a picture or two for me.  I'd like to see what it looks like.  I hope this helps in some way.  Thank you in advance for the pictures if possible.  Take care my friend.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com