[Coco] ULTIMSDC -- My first attempt at an "ultimate" CoCoSDC image

Travis Poppe travispoppe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:43:54 EDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:10:44AM -0400, Barry Nelson wrote:
> Very nice collection. It differs from mine in that you have
> individually mountable disk images, where as mine is a single HDBDOS
> vhd image and requires a copy of HDBDOS modified for the CoCo SDC.

I like your VHD image quite a bit! I spent a day going through it,
trying different things out.

> What is the difference between PEGASUS.DSK and PEGASUSA.DSK by the
> way?

I sorted through the Color Computer Archive fairly quickly, and found a
lot of alternative disks included in some of the archives. I didn't want
throw them out without knowing how they differ, so I renamed some of
them with "A" at the end until they can be tested. This image really is
something of a rough draft.

> If you want you can include the NitrOS9 piece of my VHD. You can
> extract the NitrOS9 partition by using dd if you have a Linux or Mac
> OS system available, or if you have a copy of dd for Windows. This
> should make a file with just the NitrOS9 part.
>
> dd bs=94371840 count=1 if=CoCoSDC_VHD.VHD of=SDC_NitrOS9.VHD
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RnV5G0TZFZLW4zYXprenRZWlU/view?usp=sharing

I'd love to include it. There is a treasure trove of content there. In
the README where I mention including NitrOS9 images in the future, your
image was the first to come to mind. I'd like to include a convenient
way to flash the HDBDOS image there, too.

Best regards,
--
Travis Poppe
IRC: tlp on irc.freenode.net